|The Presser Foot currently has five BERNINA Certified and trained service and repair technicians on staff. We are pleased to offer skilled and honest service and repair on most brands of domestic sewing and embroidery machines at both of our locations. We do recommend a full service on your machine every 12 to 18 months, as grease and oil do evaporate more quickly in our climate and at our altitude—even if you do not use your machine every day.
Please call us if you have specific questions regarding service or repair of your sewing or embroidery machine.
BERNINA Machine Service and Repair
The Presser Foot is an authorized BERNINA dealer. Our technicians attend training regularly for BERNINA machines, and our repair department has access to parts for most BERNINA
Other Brands of Sewing and Embroidery Machines Service and RepairWhile we are comfortable servicing and repairing most sewing and embroidery machines, please keep the following in mind:
• We are exclusively a BERNINA dealer. While we have sources for many parts, there are times
where we cannot get parts for other brands of machines. If this is the case with your machine,
we will let you know and are happy to make a recommendation to a dealer for your brand of machine.
• We are only able to do warranty work for BERNINA machines. If your machine is not a
BERNINA and if the original manufacturer's warranty is still valid, we do recommend that
you have any work done at a dealer who is authorized to service and repair your machine.
We are happy to make a recommendation to a dealer for your brand of machine.
If you are planning to leave your machine for service or repair, please plan to leave the following items with your machine:
• Foot control and power cord.
• Standard sewing foot (zig zag foot).
• Wide stitch plate (we must be able to stitch a zig zag—no straight stitch plates, please).
• Bobbin case and bobbin for your machine.
• Embroidery unit, hoop and designs (if not stored on the machine) if you are having issues
related to the embroidery unit.
• If you are having specific issues with your machine, please bring a sewn or embroidered
sample with you if possible—sometimes this is very helpful for our technicians to see.
You must notify us of specific problems you would like addressed when you leave your
machine with us, as well as leave us a phone number where we can reach you if we
30 Point General Service
• Foot Control
• Hand Wheel
• Bobbin Winder
• Spool Holder
• Cam Stack Gear (if applicable)
• Tension Unit
• Needle Bar
• Presser Foot Bar
• Hook Driver
• Feed Dog Height
• Feed Dog Timing
• Needle Front to Back
• Needle Position
• Zig Zag Swing
• Needle Height
• Needle / Hook Clearance
• Oil and / or Grease Where Necessary